Saturday, April 9, 2016

Meetmindful Profile

This is part of a profile I impulsively threw together at MeetMindful.com and I forgot to upload it here at the time so I do not recall the path(s) that lead me to that site. I am not sure what you will find if you click on my profile link without signing up, but I can view profiles for free. The cost of this site is not worth the potential I've seen in the profiles available to explore, but then, you probably know by now that I have an aversion to paying for meeting friends as most of those endeavors are futile and many are scams. Still, here is another view of me (and that is what this blog is about, right?) :)


In my own words...
I am not like anyone I've ever met, but then, who is? I have wandered from myself to try to meet people, but always seem to return alone. If you think someone can be too honest, continue on your journey. What makes me happiest is loving, caring, giving, helping, and sharing. It has left me rich inside and without much in this material world, but I love myself and continue the cycle. I've seldom lived alone because I enjoy living with a best friend or partner. I know we are all alone, yet I still seek the shared illusion of being one with another. The answers to the questions to the left are somewhat deceiving as multiple choices usually are (For example, I will try anything, but maintain a healthy balance). Ask for clarification and what you want to know. Google me. :)

In my free time you'll find me...
Playing softball, cards, games, and music. Writing, reading, and playing with numbers. I love to explore and I am open to exploring anywhere or anything that causes no harm.

I'm most passionate about...
Honesty, kindness, love, friends, helping. Babbling through written words, music, softball, dreaming of a better world and finding someone who might inspire me to fall in love again while still understanding influences from Harry Chapin, John Lennon, The Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Melissa Etheridge, Monty Python, Robin Williams, and George Carlin.

Imperfections I'm embracing or changing...
There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions. I strive for perfect intentions and that keeps me secure and happy. A love of tastes (and taking a year off from the working world) has added thirty pounds in spite of playing ball four or five days a week and that's got to go. Meet me on an elliptical machine. The world has depressed my infinite hope and optimism lately and I wonder about the chances for humanity to survive it's prolonged infancy, but deep inside I know I shall survive anything and I doubt I am the only one. My occasional vow of poverty is less fun than it used to be, so I'll be looking for income again come the Fall. I may forget much of what I wrote in this profile tomorrow and would love to be reminded. I will not give up my irreverent self-mockery even if it is an imperfection. :)

Not for me...
(among Mindful "button" choices): Religious, Drug Use, Tobacco, Conservatives, Cat Haters, Hookups, Long-distance, Polyamory

Organized religion substitutes for personal accountability and may be a dangerous, harmful delusion. Most drugs, meh. Tobacco stinks. Conservatives don't conserve and fear change. Life is change. Cats are cool. I prefer in person, 1 on 1 relationships.

I'd also like to explore...
The potential of meeting someone who might share a similar perspective and understanding of being in this life excites me. Also, finding friends who love sharing the written word. Ric Held and Bugs Webbot are FB names you can find. Hope you reach out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment