Thursday, September 28, 2017

A Whole New Pen Pal World?

Oh sure, the hopelessly hopeful romantic simply must slip a song reference in the title (hi PJ, wherever you are), but seriously the message I sent on that pen pal website included in the last entry actually was responded to in email and it inspired a whole new blog that might have been called Breathing (and still might, if I ever get around to taking publishing seriously) that shall showcase (ok, collect) the correspondence that blooms from that pen pal website (the ones you cn read here that actually turn into a correspondence you can read there... clever organization, no doubt?). Are the letters worth reading? You can decide for yourself.

Meanwhile, a second message in a bottle was tossed into those pen pal world seas and for your edification and reading pleasures, here it is (I suppose I should not that it was an impulsive message left on the site in response to a profile that said she was sad):

Hug for the sad, hope you find your smile again soon.

I had no intention of leaving any messages, but if a few words from a stranger might help you be a little less sad then I accomplished something tonight. It seems cheesy to say "I hope you find your smile again soon because it is a beautiful smile," but hey, the picture on your profile shows a beautiful smile, so maybe cheesy will help. Say cheesy?

I see Ali McGraw in your smile, in case you know who who she is and in case it matters. I am not trying to be randomly amusing, but it it happens, well, we can share credit and enjoy it.

I may never return to this site, joining yesterday on an impulse and being rather sketchy in my internet travels. For instance, after 10 years on Facebook I might visit there once a month now, or less.

Sometimes I check email. candoor@gmail.com

I seek friends, though find people rather challenging to believe or trust. I think that is mostly because I know one form of love and that is unconditional and that is abused a lot. There is some sad for you.

Still, there is a child inside who believes in John Lennon's "Imagine" even as there's a cynic inside with a thumb up in the air hoping to be picked up by some passing alien freighter. Ah, the hopelessly hopeful romantic sci-fi brain saves me every time. Robert Heinlein's "Time Enough For Love" - a top ten at least. "Hook" "The Princess Bride" "Terminator 2" "V For Vendetta" "ET" "Random Harvest" "Tale of Two Cities" and dozens more. The Moody Blues, Beatles, Billy Joel, Pink Floyd, Jackson Browne, Melissa Etheridge, Harry Chapin, hundreds more.

Random interests that fill my core with inspiration and hope.

Foodie, seriously.

So if I haven't inspired your smile, perhaps I offered enough distraction to help you forget you were sad for a moment. Until now. Ooops.

Maybe the typos will amuse.

Laugh and the world laughs with you - but you don't have to cry alone when you have a friend.

I sincerely will try not to let weeks go by if you respond. Keep in mind that a hundred years ago, weeks was fast service for mail.

I care, it's what I do, that's why I wrote. I know, I'm strange like this, but I am real. I conclude singing Charlie Chaplin's "Smile" ... hoping you do :)




No comments:

Post a Comment