Thursday, September 21, 2017

pen pal world

So I woke after a 4 hour nap and found myself wondering about something so when sleep didn't immediately return I rolled my chair out of the closet and checked email and sought amusement and inspiration and... decided to try to find another correspondent because sometimes one is not enough for an insatiable babbler. Though I visited pen-pal sites before, I am not sure I ever joined one but lo and behold I am now a member of penpalworld and since you want to know, here is my profile/introduction to that online community (they wisely have a 1000 character limit and do not have any other places to ramble on about anything else):

I love words, writing, and sharing. Time is precious and I may not be here often, but I write daily (blogs and one lifelong pen-friend). Open minded free-thinkers who seek caring positive words are welcome. Creativity is encouraged. Reach past the surface stereotypes. What matters is how you feel and what you think, not your age, sex, nationality, religion, or any other meaningless judgmental labels. Try to trust. Be real.

I am disappointed with humanity today because fear dominates thought and insecurity dominates action. It leads to destruction and suicidal behavior. I still have hope we will survive our childhood and adolescence to develop into a mature species interested in living, learning, and loving life.

I seek people who empower love over fear, who rise above the inherent insecurity, and who strive to leave the shackles of delusion and judgment behind.


With that, I started exploring profiles and after an hour or some few hundred profiles, I found the profile of my dreams (not really, but I did find a profile inspiring me to respond so here is that response for your edification or titillating pleasure... pandering to the search engines, how bohemian of me... and misusing words too, aweful, aye?)

I am the one who left this comment on penpalworld:

Wonderful words of introduction - thank you for inspiring my smile and curiosity. I do know how precious time is - and honesty. The human world is truth wrapped in a lie. I seek the few daring to peel away the what is accepted to explore what can be.

I joined an hour ago, give or take a few minutes. Yours is the first profile I found any interest in responding to. It is late here and I must sleep soon. The past two weeks have been busy with work as I am in Florida, USA, and we experienced a Hurricane. My job as safety officer for the county left little time for sleep.

Still, I napped a few hours and found myself awake and writing. Writing is my solitary release between naps and whenever I have a few minutes to myself. Mostly I babble which some view as a waste of time, but then, it is my meditation and brings me peace and pleasure. Lately, as my blogs demonstrate, I have had so little time for words. That is probably what brought me to look for inspiration from others.

A moment is forever, yet so many moments are overlooked as we rush through our lives to meet some deadlines or goals that have so little to do with our true nature, dreams, or happiness. Pay the bills, alas, at the cost of our individuality, creativity, and humanity. When if comes to my view of the world outside of my head, I have fallen into a cynical web of disillusionment and despair. Once I had so much hope.

Inside my head, the child dances and sings, gleefully enjoying the experience of living each moment. So few understand me and most reject or try to suppress me so I've learned to keep my distance. From early childhood I've felt ancient in so many ways while still blissful in just being alive. As with the babbling I do, playing with words, it is all relative.

I hope you do not mind typos... even when I am not physically exhausted, I often do not proof-read my babblings and have learned to find much amusement in the mys-typed words. If they disturb you in any way, please let me know and I shall make the time to edit (even if it leaves less time for the free flow of writing).

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a thousand words can be so much more fun to play with for me. A face does communicate a lot, so I shall endeavor to find a photo of my face in case you are curious (or would you rather enjoy the mystery?... well, if I find the photo, I apologies if you'd rather have had mystery for a while) :)

You can find me on Facebook as Bugs Webbot. I created the profile more than 10 years ago when putting real names and personal information online was frowned upon and the name stuck. I seldom have time to visit social media these days, but years of photos and communications can be browsed there.

I sense it matters little to you, but my age is (I have to pause to count the years and laugh as I do) 61. I do not put my birthday online as a precaution against identify theft and chose the date I use in profiles many years ago (with reason we can explore another time if you like).

Honesty is my highest ideal and doing no harm is my chosen way. Love is my faith and curiosity my primary motivation to continue exploring this life. Helping others is one of my greatest pleasures in spite of the usury and abuse many seem to do our of insensitivity, insecurity, greed, and blind following of superficial stereotypes.

I am a hopelessly hopeful romantic dreamer believing in kindness, gentleness, and caring while wearing a cloak of realistic acceptance of the current state of humanity as a socially necessary facade and shield. I sigh at the world outside my head while laughing at the experience within.

Repetition is amusing to me, as life is constantly changing repetition. This reveals itself in my babbling (perhaps you've noticed). Few people respond to my letters for so many good and valid reasons, but the few who do appreciate the meandering mind and genuine person within the massive missives.

friends are few for the honest heart
for fear undermines good intentions
love is the peace every life form seeks
but usually with honorable mentions
power and control seem to be the way
most choose to interact with each other
someday i hope we will all understand
sharing caring is how to discover
the joy and purpose of life...
my sister, I am your brother

I think in rhythms and feel in rhymes (or vice versa) and songs play in my head sometimes. Now and then, something worth reading (or hearing) emerges, much to my surprise and amusement. Based on the words in your profile, I hope to hear/read what goes on in your head.

Too much? Well, there's always hope (I hope) :)

hl,
ric


So whatcha think?... will this meandering hello find a rare response or shall it slip into the annals of history like so many other letters in bottles flowing on uncharted seas somewhere out there?

Place your bets... there's always hope (I hope) :)

Narf too :)


PS... and it did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment