Saturday, January 6, 2018

Three's Company?

Seeing a friendly roommate listing with a phone number in it, but seeking a female in an age range younger than mine, I decided to respond with the following because the listing is ideal... two people looking for a third roommate. That is ideal financially because it opens up almost any area in town in comfortable to luxury places for less, maybe a lot less than what I spend now... but it is very challenging to find.

Maybe they are open minded intelligent girls who have not found what they seek and would be willing to take a chance on me. I'll never know unless I reach out, so here goes:

Hi... I am writing instead of texting so as not to invade your privacy in your phone because I am not female and I am older. I hope you read through before you delete because I am looking for exactly what you are looking for - a respectful safe roommate to keep expenses down because good neighborhoods are expensive these days.

My interest is keeping the rent under $700 a month in a safe, clean, comfortable positive space with respectful, relatively compatible, people. I am not looking for a relationship with you other than a friendly respectful responsible roommate(s). I know how to share comfortable and I know how to respect privacy and space and that is what I look for in roommates.

I might be a last resort, but maybe you need a last resort and that would be great for me, so I figure I'l say hello and let you decide.

So if you feel exhausted searching and have not found the right fit, feel free to interview me, test me, background screen me, ask my friends (my last roommate is in the photos in my profile - she fell in love and I'll dance at her wedding).

I work 8-5ish Mon-Fri, so I am usually out 7-6PM. Five days a week I play softball 3 evenings, not home until late, and both weekend days. I eat out a lot (friends call me a foodie) but also love to cook in a clean kitchen when I have time. At home I write, love music, thoughtful movies, and enjoy some TV (but always keep the volume so only I can hear unless everyone wants to listen to or watch the same thing).

I've worked in health care most of my career as a Paramedic/LPN, Administrator, Quality Director, Risk Manager (currently licensed in Florida), and currently work for Seminole County as the county Safety Officer. Level 2 Federal background checks are part of work life for me and my last one was last January. I have a lot of respect for Nurses - you are the backbone of quality health care.

So you are, in many ways, right for me as roommates. Professionals in a caring profession who understand the benefit and compromise of roommates.

I am right for you as a roommate in every way but gender and age.

If you don't find a female in your current age range, consider talking to me and finding out more. Ask anything, I respect honesty.

Thanks for reading. If you decide not to respond, I hope you find what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment