Sunday, September 16, 2018

The Roommate Search

The dream of finding another truly compatible roommate who shares similar living habits and comforts and interests and more leads me to post profiles on roommate websites and send messages to strangers with the hope they might become a friend and the compatible roommate. So the new layout and new features on the roommate dot com website that limited specificity of location and made it more like a dating site than a roommate site inspired me to change my profile and still, hope for the ideal roommate so I wrote this to all the people the site emailed to me. They said they were my "perfect match", after all.


So I get an email telling me "_________ is a perfect match." I have no clue why. It's a mystery lol. This new site is a big disappointment. I suspect they SPAM members a lot with that 'come on' just to get more traffic on their site. In any case, maybe you enjoy a good mystery too, so please read my profile and let me know if you can figure out why they referred you to me. :)

Please note that since the site is so unreliable, I don't pay for it anymore. I won't be able to read your messages if you respond on the site. Email me at candoor@gmail.com or call/text 407-325-1482 if you want to talk about sharing a place.

Hope you find what you are looking for - and enjoy life. :)

Ric


Oh, and that profile I referred to, this is what that says:


Hi :)

The new site misrepresents my location preference and is not appealing, so I'm not paying for it as it is. So email me if you want to talk about sharing a place. The match algorithm they use makes no sense to me and wastes a lot of time. So here's they profile you should go by: I am not looking for a room in your home. I want to share a place. What I am looking for is a compatible honest responsible respectful considerate open minded positive person who can share space comfortably. Location matters to me. I work in downtown Sanford (for the County) and play softball in Altamonte several times a week and would like to find a place between the two locations, preferably not far from I4. I seek honesty and kindness. I am what I seek. Mutual respect is essential. I am quiet at home, clean, considerate, responsible, reliable, and caring. I am active in sports & recreation and a kid at heart too busy enjoying life to want any part of stress or drama.

My last roommate of seven years (in the photos) moved out of town, but will be happy to answer questions about me - if you want references, just ask. My profession requires regularly passing a level 2 background check by the feds if that helps with any trust issues. I find humor in just about everything, but am serious about caring for others and finding a compatible roommate. If you are looking to share a place or want look for one with a new friend, please write candoor at gmail. Bugs Webbot is me on Facebook - friend me (or just check me out, as you wish). My telephone number is there too, feel free to text or call and introduce yourself. Are you my new roommate? There's always hope. If not, good luck in your search :)

This news site is a big disappointment. According to the email I received, you are a perfect match. I have no clue what they base that on and I suspect they SPAM members a lot with that 'come on' just to get more traffic on their site. In any case, please read my profile and let me know if you can figure out why they referred you to me. :)

Please note that since the site is so unreliable, I don't pay for it anymore. I won't be able to read your messages if you respond on the site. Email me at candoor@gmail.com or call/text 407-325-1482 if you want to talk about sharing a place.

Hope you find what you are looking for - and enjoy life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment