Sunday, November 18, 2018

Fishing Again

An impulsive look and the email that does not go into my "Important" folder found a Plenty Of Fish email at the top so I clicked and impulsively sent two messages and updated my profile a bit. After all, I no longer have a few extra pounds and I still have hope someone in this world might actually relate to me and accept me as I am, strange as that may seem.

So...


Good manners may be everything, but faux pas make it easier to laugh at one's self (I'm easily amused). I was a veggie for 12 years and vegan for 3, but firmly enjoy an omnivorous chose these days. You've got many qualities I respect, but I may have given up on humanity enough to not be turned around in my slovenly ways. I wasn't always like this, giving everything away too many times and living on the street brings on changes in perspectives. Still, I smile at your optimism and caring - yes it shows. How's your patience? (if you laughed, we might just get along well :)

As for relationships, I'm not sure one exists for me anymore. Once upon a time I believed in true love and human goodness (The Princess Bride, Hook, Sleepless in Seattle are three all-time favorites), but people seem too confused and frightened to be trusted lately so I just want to find a friend who understands me and my perspective. It's been a very long time since I trusted someone intimately on any level. I am not looking for someone to save me. I adopt people in need too easily so I keep my distance. Why am I sending this message? Email brought me back to POF after many months away and impulse pushed through loneliness to say hello to you. A bit more than hello, aye? :)

(email and phone number) Surprise me with kind understanding and you may have a friend for life :)
Ric


Your first photo and second photo look so different, are they both of you? These sites sometimes baffle me. Why not start with deal-breakers and prevent confusing, time wasting, false hopes, and hurt feelings? Probably because it is not the best business plan. I don't trust easily and online, I don't trust much at all. Still, an email brought me back here after many month and impulse has me sending a message. For me, relationships start with friendships, activities, fun and serious conversations, and time to build trust. Once upon a time I enjoyed impulsive sex, but not in the past two decades. I have no need for religion or any gods, whether they are real or delusional. I avoid the news because people are insane and I'd rather keep negativity out of my daily view. I care about everything too much, so I insulate myself and distract myself with my own babbling and other creative play. So your first photo inspired my smile and attracted me and your second reminded me of my mother (laughing?), I believe in honesty, love, and caring. What makes you tic? :)














No comments:

Post a Comment